Chevron Left
Retour à Introduction to Data Science in Python

Introduction to Data Science in Python, Université du Michigan

4.5
9,151 notes
2,247 avis

À propos de ce cours

This course will introduce the learner to the basics of the python programming environment, including fundamental python programming techniques such as lambdas, reading and manipulating csv files, and the numpy library. The course will introduce data manipulation and cleaning techniques using the popular python pandas data science library and introduce the abstraction of the Series and DataFrame as the central data structures for data analysis, along with tutorials on how to use functions such as groupby, merge, and pivot tables effectively. By the end of this course, students will be able to take tabular data, clean it, manipulate it, and run basic inferential statistical analyses. This course should be taken before any of the other Applied Data Science with Python courses: Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python, Applied Social Network Analysis in Python....

Meilleurs avis

par SI

Mar 16, 2018

overall the good introductory course of python for data science but i feel it should have covered the basics in more details .specially for the ones who do not have any prior programming background .

par AU

Dec 10, 2017

Wow, this was amazing. Learned a lot (mostly thanks to stack overflow) but the course also opened my eyes to all the possibilities available out there and I feel like i'm only scratching the surface!

Filtrer par :

2,185 avis

par MdJuber Rahman

Feb 17, 2019

good course, I appreciate, will be better if we can follow the lectures working in parallel at jupyter notebook from the week 1.

par Debobrata Dutta

Feb 17, 2019

This is good tutorial .

par 高宇

Feb 17, 2019

Diffcult but useful!The basics of all other four courses!

par Tianxiang Xiong

Feb 16, 2019

High-quality lectures and exercises. True to an "Intermediate" course, trusts that the learner will figure thing out themselves and doesn't spent extraneous time hand-holding.

par Angelo Castellani

Feb 16, 2019

Lecturer just regurgitates code out loud (completely worthless). You can't get answers back without paying for the course (fine but it would have been nice to mention that up front in the audit) so you get little feedback as you might want it.

Many of the questions/code is impossible using only the python described in the course. I wanted to take this as a python refresher and it was a complete waste of time. The subject matter is perfect! But execution is abysmal.

par Vinayak

Feb 16, 2019

Awesome course for anyone looking to venture into the field of Data Science. The instructor puts forth various concepts lucidly and concisely without any irrelevant extraneous details. Beware though, if you are pursuing this for the sake of learning statistics, you might be disapppointed. The instructor adopts more of a tool-based approach teaching you pandas to solve your problems the way you want to. That said, kudos to Coursera and U Michigan for putting this course together.

par Tom Shih

Feb 15, 2019

A great introduction course of getting familiar with pandas.

par Pratik Mehta

Feb 15, 2019

This is not a course, rather just guidance to use StackOverflow. The trainer Prof. Brooks is highly unlively and plainly reads out/speaks some statements. He teaches only 10%, remaining 90% you need to explore on your own. The Assignments have the most difficult questions and for solving them, students are not even given any getting-started questions, to begin with! If you wish to learn Data Science/Data Analysis then I would not recommend this course since it is not worth the time, effort and money. Also, the title of the course is devaluing the efforts we put it. The entire course is focused towards using Pandas to perform Data Analysis / Data Cleaning / Data Wrangling / Data Munging / Data Preprocessing and thus I would recommend that the title of the course should be one of these rather than "Introduction ..." which hardly gives any weight to what hard work this certification demands!

In the brief course videos professor makes some hand gestures and the background shows the people working - both has no relevance and rather prove to be a distraction. Above that auto-grader comes with its own lot of problems which consume hours and days of all the candidates. This course is online for more than 2 years now and I doubt if Coursera really takes such feedback seriously and takes any action for improvement!

Request Coursera / UM to go through all the reviews:

https://www.class-central.com/course/coursera-introduction-to-data-science-in-python-6671

par Manish Bhatia

Feb 14, 2019

Good Course

par Yongchang Shen

Feb 13, 2019

Too much bug but the forum is helpful