Mar 13, 2018
The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....
Jan 14, 2018
It's an excellent course. Thanks for the oportunity to learn. Thanks to Coursera, to the University of Michigan and of course to Dr. Chuck, a very good an enthusiastic teacher! All the best for you!
par LAURA T G•
Jan 07, 2018
I'd rather program more than just be a user
par Mostafa F•
Sep 14, 2017
I guess for the assignments, it might be easier if the course take a step-by-step approach, so the students start coding very easy programs to access the data on web from scratch, and then the code evolves into something very complex in the final course, the capstone.
par Otto K•
Mar 31, 2016
Very good, but rather brief. It does teach you the basics, but uses Python 2, not 3.
par Esron D d S•
May 28, 2016
It have low practice exercises.
par Sholom K•
Jul 04, 2017
Could be better. Some of the explanations could be better for this course surrounding databases. Some of the Quiz questions are misleading via word usage. As well as, the example code given in some cases does not work and had to search stackoverflow for answers.
par Armen T•
May 18, 2018
A little too much on the easy side. I know learning every detail in code is not necessary - understanding broad applications is more important because it gives you vision of a goal and an understanding how you may get there. Details can be researched. There are ways and its not necessary to reinvent wheels. But I still feel like tweaking preloaded code is not rigorous enough to actually learn what we are doing. This class was much easier than the previous 3 courses in the cert.
par Karel C•
Feb 03, 2016
I loved the teaching. The video are great and the examples too... But I almost did not program! The course is 'too easy' and I feel I did not practice enough!
par rami z•
Nov 28, 2016
not too many new things about Python. mostly introduction to Python capabilities in databases/
overall pretty good class.
par Apostolos G•
Jan 19, 2016
Interesting content, well structure lessons but too easy assesments.
par Christophe L G•
Jan 14, 2016
Nice course but not enough exercices
par Peter S•
Apr 04, 2016
Nice course but didn't include enough python code for other database vendors and wasn't challenging enough
par Soren A G•
Jul 08, 2018
Course could have been better. I wasted too much time finding out what was needed for the assignments. I think the course need to be updated as a bit of the last assignments were guesswork to find the files needed. I spent too much time trying to work on an old Python2 file.
par Tamaz L•
Feb 28, 2016
I felt like this course of the specialization wasn't as organized. First of all the object oriented class had no practical assignment, and while others did, they weren't contributing for the learning. I passed all the assignments but don't think I've mastered material here as much as in the previous courses of the specialization.
It seems to me that material could be broken up into two courses, and because it's squeezed in one, the instructors have to provide 99% of the assignment and finishing the rest 1% is not helping in learning. Would be much better to be required to do more work in the assignments (possibly step by step and by splitting the course).
par Yuriy G•
Mar 21, 2018
Unfortunately, i'm kinda disappointed by this course. Especially by the final assignment. You could ask for much more interesting taks with the information you provided.
Hope for a much better experience with the 5th part of this specialization
par Jean E•
Mar 28, 2016
Good but for beginners
par Jeff S•
Dec 28, 2015
Could use more hands on coding
Jan 12, 2016
All homework were to modify from an existing code, and all lessons were skimming on indexes. I learned less than other courses from this series.
par José L•
Jan 29, 2016
I missed more details and exercises on the last part of the course. For example, that geoload/geodump/where-data could be given as exercises during the course and joined at the end to make that map solution.
par Agnieszka D•
Sep 22, 2016
Great teacher, nice range of topics, very well explained. Unfortunately assignments are trivial and boring. Anyway worth taking along with other courses from that specialization.
par offer s•
Dec 28, 2015
Course is interesting, but tasks are way too easy.
par Saulius P•
Jun 15, 2016
The course should have more details. It feels like a lot was skipped.
par Pedro P B•
Aug 22, 2016
It seemed to me a little bit too superficial... It was almost only copying and pasting code...
par Jonathan M•
Aug 01, 2017
Base on the previous courses I was expecting more about this one.
Jan 11, 2016
I do not find this course is useful to learn seems it only gives a guideline to the python database.
par Chao C•
Sep 06, 2016
Would be better if have harder assignment.