I like it and I did never imagined the abundance of its content based on today's market.\n\nReally the course helped me a lot and immediately started implementing what I learned.\n\nThank you Coursera
Very well done, these teachers and other important figures involved in the course are sharing extensive knowledges and they are teaching very clearly making the topic easy to comprehend, BRAVO!!!
par Stéphane G•
Excellent bases when you are a virgin in the field !
par Ivan G L•
Very informative but the practice tests had some bugs in it.
par IDRIS, S•
One of the best course for everyone in the hotel industry.
par Deleted A•
Very good course, maybe more multiple choice test.
par Vo H S•
This course is useful for beginners
par Josephine B•
A bit outdated. Needs to be updated
par Goutham B•
Test review for this course
par Rohit K•
Great knowledge to learn
par Mascia M•
interesting and clear
par Pravesh D•
par Ross M•
par DEBASISH S•
par Fabiana F d L•
In my humble opinion it is necessary to review some points in this module:
1) Video Content: Making more dynamic, switch between explanations and slides in full screen. Only explanations, it is very tiring to attend the classes. The video would be ideal as shown in week 4 of this Mooc: How the hotel shouldnt work with Expedia? or video: How to hotel shouldnt work with Booking.com?
2) Analysis requested: In the first week the requested analysis was of a very high level, it required knowledge of financial analysis and hotel area. In my case, I felt much difficulty because I do not have any knowledge in the hotel industry. And analyzing the exercise, I realized it was necessary to have knowledge of financial ratios of profitability and a certain familiarity in the hotel industry. I left a comment on the discussion board stating that I was not feeling safe to do the exercise. However, there was no demonstration by the teachers of the course.
In short, I was not feeling prepared, let alone analyze colleagues. The first time, did not get the minimum score. The second time, with the longest time, I could better perform the exercise. But rather it was the result of review of financial ratios and other other accessories. I realized that those who examined me in the first and second time, had little or no idea about financial analysis. And another point that struck me was that one of the people who fell for me to analyze, was all in white and the person apologized for failing to do. With nothing to analyze, I did not think fair to give a low rating, so I preferred not to analyze. If the person left blank, something needs to be revised.
When mounting a course, you have to take into consideration that there are different levels of students: beginner, intermediate and advanced in the subject matter.
The first week was not to have been given is analysis. It could have been the third or fourth week of this Mooc, so it would have time for a further deepening of the matter addressed.
3) Amount of content: Adding the video, quiz and analysis, are about 30 content. It is very tiring and little time for such content. Could decrease the amount of video and quiz, relocating to another week course or Mooc.
4) Feedback: Teachers need to leave a contact way (facebook, twitter, etc.) and be active in Coursera forum or leave a wizard to ask questions when needed.
5) Notes: He missed the weight of the notes. I found a little confusing the allocation of notes.
6) Curriculum: Missed curriculum (biography) of teachers. No contact information.
7) Books: Missed suggestions of books in the hotel industry.
Anyway, these are only observed points in order to contribute to development of course. Thanks for listening.
par Michael F•
This course provided a valuable introduction to hotel distribution and key considerations when marketing a hotel. However, the course does not appear to have been updated since it was launched over four years ago, and a number of links to complementary readings are either defunct, or their content clearly outdated.
While the assignments were well-structured, the model of peer assessment used for the course is not particularly valuable nor rigorous. Additionally, some questions in the discussion forums about course content go unanswered, as there are no active mentors or moderators.
Plagiarism is a significant issue, and there are evidently no filters that check assignments for similarity with other content published online. I identified twelve obvious circumstances of plagiarism throughout my time in the course, including one student who had copied and pasted an entire assignment of mine.
Overall, there is a need for Coursera or the ESSEC Business School to take a more proactive role in moderating this course.
par Alessandro C•
Great content- videos and assignments were fantastic.
Little partecipation and interaction with staff and other partecipants makes the course lose a lot of its attractiveness- most of the concepts are not rocket science and one would really benefit from confrontation with other students.
par Sarthak D•
Essec focuses on OTA majorly rather than different distribution. For a beginner, it's good to know the basics. Loved the part where you get to know about the real world by the leading OTA's.
this course was not unto the standard i even completed all the assignment i did not pass one and still i got time to redo the assignment and submitted and never got the grade back for it..
par Christine A•
The course material was at least 5 years old. I think especially talking about hotel distribution in 5 years a lot can change. It was interesting anyway and very well explained. Thank you
par Alesya S•
Jumping through the abbreviations, sometimes forgetting to mention what it is at all. Also the second professor was to difficult to u
par Nikolaos V•
Rather basic content. Very limited insights and new knowledge if you already have a basic understanding of the main concepts.
par Timothy T•
A little bit outdated. The peer reviewed assignments are a bit pointless as people send in garbage
par Lorraine H•
Some of the reading material links were missing/broken
par Juan C F•
Need to update info. The rest is great!
par Tammy N•
Some of the information is a bit dated.
par Nihal M T•
Nothing more i like it