Jun 15, 2017
Easy to follow and with great teachers commenting on the pragmatic issues of licensing and fair use, which is invaluable for the foreign student, no matter his degree.
Nov 19, 2016
Excellent course, incredibly informative and very well taught. Highly recommend to anyone interested in entertainment as well as the laws and liability involved.
par Hongjun Zeng•
Apr 18, 2019
A nice course，Very detailed！
par Ana Gabriela Maestre•
Mar 18, 2019
par Anthony Clark vines•
Feb 16, 2019
Then information is applicable but the delivery is substantially weak. The quiz questions are far too long and should be heavily revised and re-edited. Overall, I rate it three stars because more effort should have been put into it's creation. As is, it feels amateurish at best, tedious at its worst.
par Beth Krisko•
Jan 06, 2019
I don't know how you did it; you made the subject of copyright law fascinating. And you clearly and presented very important and useful information. Thank you.
par Jessie Adams•
Oct 23, 2018
This was a great course! I would suggest a few edits:
1) During the video from week 3, 1955 was initially noted as the year that limited performance rights were granted over transmission via digital network such as online radio. I circled that with a big question mark because I thought that was a bit ahead of time. Then later it was clarified as 1995. Also, I believe there was a date mix up somewhere around the Feb. 15, 1972 date. It would be nice to add more information on that, I only saw that each state has different regulated laws on this during the quiz. I don't remember hearing about it in lecture.
2) some of the quiz questions were too long and more like riddles rather than just asking important and relevant questions about copyright.
1) The week 3 deadline said 10/22 at midnight. Then when I went to take the course it said it was due at 10/21 by midnight.
2) it would be nice to see the answers to the quiz. Both what you got wrong and the correct answer to the question. I understand that you can retake the quiz, so you don't want to release the answer too soon, but it would be helpful to review and check.
3) it would be helpful to have all the course material accessible in one place so we could review it later.
Overall, the professors put together a great presentation and did a great job simplifying some very complex laws that everyone with a smartphone should be aware of! Thank you.
par Ashim Chandra Mandal•
Sep 07, 2018
As a student opting to be a filmmaker, this course has been very helpful in making me conscious about what mistakes I might make in the years to come.
par Matt Goodman•
Jul 29, 2018
Course full of very helpful information concerning copyright in multimedia. However, video production could have been better. It would have made the course easier to follow as a learner if the course had slides or bullet points on screen to aid with following the lessons.
par Ivan Chen•
Jul 25, 2018
Comprehensive and educational course about copyright for all types of materials.
par Thiyaneshwaran Venkataswamy•
Jun 12, 2018
This is my first course on Copyrights. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great course for the beginners in the field of Copyrights ..Thank you very much.
par Yahaya, Ibrahim Lekan•
Mar 08, 2018
I loved every bit of the lectures. It served as a refresher course for me. Thank you once again